In this episode of the podcast we find out when “just enough” is not enough; when to take breaks; how to celebrate ourselves; and how to ultimately improve our lives.
Dr. Gail Golden, former psychotherapist, licensed psychologist, MBA-holding entrepreneur (founder of Gail Golden Consulting) and author of “Curating Your Life: Ending the Struggle for Work-Life Balance” also spoke about our relationship with work, overwork culture and whether work-life balance is a myth.
Listen, leave a rating and comment, then share with a friend.
- 02:00 – Definition of work life balance
- 04:26 – Is there ever a time when it is useful to compare ourselves to others?
- 07:19 – Three things to think about in order to improve your life
- 10:48 – The key to a more authentic way of living
- 12:00 – Work culture and its effect on your overall wellbeing
- 13:53 – After 20 years as a psychotherapist, Gail decided to go back to school and change her career path. Why and what was that experience like?
- 15:58 – Going from expert to beginner
- 18:11 – Is there something wrong with a “just push through it” mentality?
- 19:41 – Time vs energy management
- 20:57 – What is a recovery break?
- 22:35 – What would managing your energy look like?
- 24:44 – You need to hear this
- 26:29 – Overwork culture and feeling like you’re not doing enough
- 31:19 – How to celebrate your achievements
- 31:44 – What Gail’s doing to be a better version of herself