Communication is the basis of humanityNicolette Richardson
We’ve all heard some variation of “we’re more connected than ever, but also more disconnected”. From that phrase you would think we’re not talking at all, but we are …
I, like you, am in my meme-sending era at the moment because somehow reality is a little too real and sending a funny video or photo is really me opting to laugh and not cry. In all honesty, it’s probably not that dire but we are sending a lot more images than actual typed words. And that’s okay, until it’s not. We’re losing a critical piece of communication by shying away from those deep conversations – we are missing connection. The kind of connection that makes you know you’re seen, heard and loved. The kind of connection that allows you to see the other side of the storm. The kind of connection that lets you know you’re not alone.
This episode is all about how we should be more intentional about our communication and in turn in our friendships. You’ll learn that the quality of your communication is directly proportional to your friends (and I mean your core friends here, not acquaintances).
Every relationship, every opportunity is based on communicationNicolette Richardson
- 02:00 : This is probably the most embarrassing and without doubt the weirdest thing I’ve shared lol
- 03:22 : The impact of sharing your “little” story
- 07:15 : The “okay plateau” and relationships
- 10:14 : Defining communication
- 12:58 : Navigating those tough family relationships / you choose what to share
- 15:38 : Viewing the world horizontally
- 19:26 : But, are you really listening?
- 26:24 : Communication is also about collaboration
- 29:23 : *Trigger warning* – self harm
- 30:20 : *End of trigger warning* – self harm
- 30:38 : Are we avoiding “deep conversation”?
- 36:24 : Finding your people
- Episode 27: Punch doubt in the face: Courage, Robots and Career Change with Nicolle Merrill
- Episode 45: You need a break with John Fitch and Max Frenzel
- Episode 46: You STILL need a break with John Fitch and Max Frenzel
- Episode 78: Play your cards right, part 1 with Olivier Roland
- Episode 79: Play your cards right, part 2 with Olivier Roland
- Maximize your potential, grow your expertise, take bold risks, and build an incredible career
- Mythical Man Poems by David Ly
- The Years I Lived Inside by Nicolette Richardson
- One People, One Planet by Michael Glauser
- Heart Talk by Cleo Wade
- Punch Doubt in the Face by Nicolle Merrill
- The Colour of God by Ayesha Chaudry
- The Way of the Intelligent Rebel by Olivier Roland
- Time Off by John Fitch and Max Frenzel