Nothing I say will do this podcast interview enough justice. You just have to listen to it! It is everything you haven’t spoken to your therapist about and then some. It is a frank, honest discussion about how to navigate a world that is always changing and demanding more.
Tess Brigham (MFT, BCC), dubbed the ‘Millennial Therapist’ by CNBC, is an expert psychotherapist, certified life coach, and public speaker. She specializes in helping millennials discover their unique life path in order to go out into the world and make an impact. Based in San Francisco, California, Tess has over 15 years of experience helping thousands of people find their purpose, develop their confidence, and create a life they’re excited about living.
- 04:49 : Growing up now, isn’t the same as growing up 10 years ago
- 06:09 : How Tess went from working in Hollywood to a career as a therapist
- 09:20 : What is a quarter-life crisis
- 11:28 : Why do we think we need to have things figured out by 30
- 14:22 : Social media and social pressure
- 16:33 : Is technology making us anti-social
- 19:20 : How do we manage burn-out (along with everything else)
- 21:04 : Why burnout affects women more
- 27:08 : What exactly is “bread crumbing” and how it’s changing the dating scene
- 29:21 : Have dating apps made dating worse
- 33:28 : How can we reduce childhood trauma for the next generation
- 37:10 : How to forgive yourself for past mistakes
For context, this interview was recorded during the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020/2021.