“The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it” – Eckhart Tolle
Living in the moment, achieving stillness, focusing on the now all require us to go beyond the “normal”, to act in ways our own body don’t immediately support. It calls for us to turn to self – to find peace internally about coming to terms with what you can control and letting go what you can’t.
It’s a bit easier said than done, but in this solocast I share how a journey to stillness has been changing my life.
- 00:58 – A little vulnerability: discovering new talents
- 03:51 – How do we define “this moment”
- 06:06 – We are in a perpetual state of performance
- 11:22 – Why we should live in the now
- 15:05 – How do you use your daily planner?
- 18:33 – Problems do not exist in the moment
- 20:10 – Why our default is to live in the past or the future
- 22:38 – Let’s stop losing sleep worrying about what we didn’t do
- 24:41 – A few grounding practices
- 28:20 – Meditation hack (for beginners)
- 30:48 – There’s an app for that !
- The Five Invitations by Frank Ostaseski
- Trick Mirror by Jia Tolentino
- The Rules of Life by Richard Templar
- Stillness is the Key by Ryan Holiday
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Time Off by John Fitch and Max Frenzel