If there was an award for the easiest podcast interview to listen to, this chat with Rebecca Otis-Leder would be in the top spot for sure. In a little over 40 minutes we talk all about creating space for opportunities and how important relationships are to our work life, and even our health. Did you know that a lack of social connection can increase our risk of death by up to 50%? It’s comparable to smoking 15 cigarettes a day! In this interview Rebecca tells us how we can create more meaningful relationships.
Rebecca Leder is a speaker, writer, connector, a Marketing Manager and author of the book “The Knock Method”. Over a marketing career spanning more than 12 years, Rebecca has used the 5-step method she designed to navigate career changes and connect with thought leaders. She lives in Denver with her adored husband and loves entertaining at home, hiking, yoga, traveling, and bringing people together to watch the magic of connection happen.
- 05:17 – It took 6 years !
- 12:15 – What does it look like for us to connect thoughtfully?
- 15:29 – Closed doors aren’t barriers
- 21:25 – What does leveraging your network look like?
- 24:11 – Throw that old notion of networking out the window!
- 28:41 – How to set boundaries in work relationships
- 30:55 – These stats will shock you
- 35:07 – Do you feel pressured to have your life together as an author of a self-help book?
- 38:00 – Invest in authenticity
- 39:38 – Shutting off the phone at 8 pm?
Click here to get a copy of the book (it will change your work life for sure), and use our code GUMILLENNIAL at checkout for $$ off!