Forget everything you know about retirement. Honestly, toss it out the window and then come back to listen to this episode.
We’ve always looked at retirement as the absence of work. Somewhere along the way we’ve been conditioned to think that we work hard for as long as we can, and then retirement is our “reward” – finally our time to do nothing after all that hard work. But, is this actually accurate? The moment when you’ve gathered perhaps the most knowledge you’ve had in your life is when you should stop working? These are some of the questions we answered in this podcast episode.
Eric Brotman has 25 years of experience as a financial advisor, he is also an author and a podcast host. His book “Don’t Retire, Graduate” (and podcast of the same name) help us to see retirement in a whole new way.
- 03:20 – Defining retirement
- 05:40 – I don’t make a lot of money, do I need a financial planner?
- 07:02 – Two things that are non-negotiable
- 12:47 – When to start thinking about retirement
- 15:14 – How do you want to spend your time?
- 17:44 – Everyone has a different idea of wealth
- 19:52 – How do our friends affect our wealth
- 24:51 – When should you start drafting a will
- 32:38 – Have you heard of a personal energy plan?
Listen to this episode, share it with a friend and leave a comment to let us know what resonated with you the most.