This is the ultimate kick-off conversation for Black History Month. In this 50-minute “no holds barred” discussion we chat about reclaiming space and time as Black people; what anti-racism looks like for Black Millennials, and the importance of rest.
J.MIx is a New Orleans-based artist, advocate and the host of The Self-Aware Millennial Podcast.
Be sure to share with a friend, leave a comment, and drop us a rating!
- 07:48 – What’s in a name : identity and evolution
- 10:34 – What does self-awareness look like
- 12:21 – The definition of “grown”
- 15:20 – Where does mental wellness fit into the discussion on growing up
- 19:21 – Why you should check-in with yourself
- 22:35 – Stopping (unconscious) negative self-talk
- 23:20 – One lesson learnt during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 25:03 – A resolution about new year’s resolutions
- 27:27 – Black Lives Matter
- 35:28 – Emotional labour and people of colour
- 38:45 – Polyamory and the Black community
- 45:01 – Required reading
- 46:48 – The benefits of meditation