You need to listen to this. We’ve done interviews about resumes before but not quite like this. Hilani gives us insider information on the reality of the job application process (from the employee and the employer’s perspectives).
Hilani Ellis is a former Executive Assistant, headhunter, podcast host and founder of Exceptional Admins. She is essentially a talent matchmaker and a whiz at the ins and outs of job-seeking. Honestly, I’ve never had this much fun talking about resumes!
She not only gave us killer resume tips, but put us on to a whole genre. Listen and share with a friend !
Check out this resource Hilani compiled.
- 5:00 – Is a formal resume outdated now?
- 6:10 – “Your resume is a commercial”
- 7:10 – How much should I include in a resume?
- 9:37 – Resume and job compatibility
- 11:07 – A solid example of a resume’s opening summary
- 11:48 – How many versions of my resume do I need?
- 13:30 – How much time should I spend on a job application?
- 17:10 – How should I address gaps in my resume?
- 23:56 – Resume software and how it’s changing the game
- 26:31 – “I hate cover letters”
- 28:56 – How do I figure out what I want to do?
- 33:06 – What should I change on my resume first?
- 36:09 – This is very important
For context, this podcast episode was recorded during the Coronavirus pandemic of 2020.